Beautiful Wedding Reception Candle Ideas
Be inspired with the wedding reception candle ideas on this page. Candle light is perfect for an evening or night time wedding, you don't necessarily have to have flowers, but you do need to have candlelight. It adds a lovely incandescent glow and sets an intimate and romantic tone.
Candles can stand on their own, or in simple hurricanes or votives that shield them from the wind. You can put votive candles directly inside flower arrangements for a wonderful sparkling effect. Adding light to a flower gives it a really nice glow.
Reception candles can also be used to underline the architecture of a building or the shape of a pool, or by running along steps or pathways to invite you guests into a space.
Whatever way you decide to decorate, keep it in scale with the space. Engage all the senses. Think about how things will look, feel and smell.
Scented candles, fragrant flowers and greenery, and rich fabric will create a quality that is rich and sensual.
11 Wedding Reception Candle Ideas
- Use cylindrical vases to make protective hurricanes for pillar candles of different sizes set in sand and shells at a seaside wedding.
- Pillar candles of different heights can be clustered in a bed of red berries on branches.
- Candles in glass vases can be held in place by a cluster of brown nuts or you could use colored stones.
- Place cylindrical candles in frosted hurricanes around the edge of a pool to reflect in the water.
- For a romantic setting in an outdoor wedding reception why not hang lanterns with strong chains from strong branches.
- For something different, have your tables set with simple white and ivory china and each setting is adorned with a brandy glass filled with a floating candle and mixed rose petals. The candlelight at each place setting creates glowing rings on every table.
- Use large hurricane lamps filled with water and several floating candles in each to act as beacons on either side of a path that is strewn with large pieces of confetti mixed with rose petals.
- Place a small mirror in the center of each table and place a crystal candle holder with a white (or colored candle) in it. Wrap small strands of pearls around the candle and arrange ivy around the mirror.
- Use two medium brandy snifters and one large brandy snifter. Fill the bottom of snifters with colored marbles about a third of the way up. Fill with water and float a candle. Arrange your flowers around the base of the snifter.
- Use three different sized pillar candles on a mirror with a simple floral arrangement or scatter petals around them.
- Whitewash small terracotta flowerpots add a bow or other embellishment to the outside of the pot. Place a taper candle inside the pot. For added detail you could place a votive candle and decorative stones on either side of the terracotta pot.
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Decorative votive candles for wedding reception tables and favors Beau-Coup
Safety Tip: When using candles in bowls (especially if bowls are small) make sure that they are heat resistant. After the candles have been lit of a length of time the glass will heat up and can break, causing a mess and a lot of water on the tables.
40+ Ideas for Wedding Reception Candles
1. Rustic candle centerpiece idea.
2. Use only candles as decorations.
3. Create simple wedding centerpieces with candles, flowers and mirrors.
4. Group different sized and colored wedding pillar candles down a long table.
5. Use natrual elements such as wood and pebbles.
6. Nestle a candle in colored sand.
7. Add style and elegance with silver candelabras.
8. Cheap wedding candle centerpieces can be created using smaller candles and costume jewellery.
9. Use unusual containers for your candles like this martini glass.
10. A quick and simple display consisting of square vases, pebbles, single flower and a floating candle.
11. Use various sized containers of the same shape. Alternate the display with flowers and candles.
12. Use a tall glass container for flowers and floating candles wedding reception decorations.
13. Use candles to match the season.
14. Candles in tall glass jars with water crystals are ideal for an outdoor wedding.
15. Place candles around low floral table centerpieces.
16. Place large pillar candles in clear glass containers.
17. Purple pillar candles surrounded by rose petals.
18. Use floating candles in paper lanterns to add extra atmosphere to an outdoor wedding reception.
19. Make a statement by using large square candles in matching glass containers.
20. Decorate glass containers to match your wedding theme.
21. Simple wedding reception candle idea.
22. Tall wedding reception centerpieces with candles and flowers are never out of date.
23. Matching wedding reception centerpieces with candles and flowers.
24. Floating candle wedding reception centerpieces displayed on a round mirror tile.
25. Use large brandy glasses to hold your wedding reception candles.
26. Place rose petals in the botton of large clear containers to match your other table decorations.
27. Alternate candles with flowers.
28. Surround large pillar candles with inexpensive seasonal fruit.
29. For the best looking displays when using glass keep them smudge free.
30. Set the mood to an evening wedding reception by guiding your guests with a candle pathway.
31. Use lanterns for outdoor weddings this will stop your candles for blowing out.
32. Vary the height of your candles to add interest.
33. Tall candle centerpiece idea.
34. Highlight your wedding cake by placing your candles in votive candle holders.
35. Low wedding centerpiece idea.
36. Pink wedding candles in tall glasses.
37. Groups of small colored containers will add a "light" hearted touch to your wedidng table decorations.
38. Recycle glass jars to hold your candles.
39. Wedding reception candles with flowers.
40. Tiered candle holder decorated with flowers.
41. Create a clean bright look using silver and glass.
42. Single large hurricane lantern with candles.
43. Tea light candles used to highlight special photographs.
44. Floating candles and flowers.
45. Keep the table decorations simple by only using tall candelabras and candles.
46. An uncluttered look using small flower arrangements and single candle holders.
You might also like to look at these unique DIY wedding candle holder ideas there might be something there that you could adapt for your wedding candles.
Votive candles for wedding reception tables from Beau-Coup
Other Pages We Think You Might Like
Vineyard Wedding Theme Ideas
Wedding Arch Decoration Ideas
Wedding Centerpiece Ideas
Ideas For Catering Your Own Wedding