Beautiful Ideas For Wedding Chair Decorations
(Including 31 photo ideas for both the ceremony and reception.)
Wedding chair decorations can enhance an outdoor or indoor ceremony and reception venue. It doesn't matter where the ceremony is held whether it is in a tree lined park with green rolling hills, the backyard of the family home, on the beach, in a church or hall.
Once the chairs are arranged, there are a few things that you can do to create a sense of intimacy.
Tulle can be used to make cheap wedding chair covers and pew decorations.
It is inexpensive and adds an instant beauty when wrapped or tied to the backs or sides of chairs in a swag fashion. Instead of a wedding chair cover, cut a 2 meter (6’) length of tulle and tie it around the chair back finishing it off as a big bow. Dress up the bows with cones of fresh flowers, silk flowers or greenery.
It can become quite expensive to have a florist do the flowers for the chairs. To save on cost ask family and friends if they can supply you with flowers from their garden.
Another cost saving tip is to decorate every second or third chair or just run the flowers down the outside chairs of the center aisle.
You can hire wedding chair covers and wedding chair decorations from specialist hire stores.
5 Wedding Chair Decoration Ideas
- Wide satin ribbons can also be used to make chair bows and finished with flowers.
- Lengths of satin ribbon can be used as a swag down the center aisle and use a single flower at the points where the swag meets the top of the chair.
- Decorate the back of chairs with a length of tulle. Start from the bottom of the chair legs and criss-cross the tulle until you reach the top of the chair (just like a ballerina would do to lace up her shoes). Secure the tulle by wrapping it around the top bar in the center and knot if off at the back. Finish off with a ribbon bow or flowers.
- Use a wide satin ribbon. Make a large bow with five or six loops have the tails of the bows almost reach the floor. Cut the tails so that they are all at various lengths. Then pin on flower heads to the bow tails. Secure to the outside edge of the chair.
- Paper cones filled with flowers or rose petals make a lovely decoration on the back of the chair or at the end of the row.
Before placing the flowers on the chairs, fill a small plastic bag or container with water and secure to the flower. This will preserve the flowers and keep the tulle from becoming wet.
31 Picture Ideas for Wedding
1. Decorate the backs of chairs with a flower wreath.
2. Use soft toned fabric draped over the chairs and tie into place with contrasting fabric and lace trim.
3. Soft and pretty pink bows.
4. Purple satin bows and fabric flower decorations.
5. Rustic vintage look using mason jars and flowes in soft pastel shades.
6. Chairs with snug fitting covers and large satin bows.
7. Use signs to decorate the chairs for the bride and groom.
8. Reserved for extra special guests.
9. Use chair decorations to decorate the aisle.
10. Use a combination of colors.
11. Decorate the chairs and tables in matching fabric.
12. Ribbon can be used for your wedding chair decorations - it's perfect if you are on a budget.
13. Hang bouquets of fresh flowers from the sides of the chairs.
14. Use chair covers to match the room décor.
15. Add some fun by tying helium balloons to the backs of the chairs.
16. Alternate the colors of the chair bows to match your wedding theme.
17. Create continuity by using matching fabric on the tables and chairs.
18. Use soft flowing fabrics.
19. Fresh flower aisle decorations.
20. Tuck fresh flowers into satin bows.
21. Weave fabric through the chair backs.
22. Hang non floral decorations from the sides of the chairs.
23. Decorate only one side of the chairs.
24. Use long organza chair sashes.
25. Use large sashes to cover the tops of the chairs.
26. Dress up plain folding chairs with sashes in your wedding colors.
27. Keep it simple and elegant in all white.
28. Hang small floral baskes from the arms of chairs.
29. Add a motif to your chair covers.
30. Match the chair bows to the table runners.
31. Create simple bows with tulle and ribbon for the pews.
Images obtained from Flickr have been used by permission under the creative commons licences by -sa/2.0/
These are just a few ideas if you would like to see more particularly ideas for decorating chairs at the ceremony Bridebox.com
has another 20 unique chair and aisle decoration ideas.