Secrets To An Attractive Wedding Cake Table Display
Your wedding cake is usually displayed right from the start of the wedding reception and then cut towards the end of the evening, so it is displayed for some considerable time.
To make sure that it holds up for the duration:
1. Make certain that the filling used in the cake will not cause it to go off. The frosting on your wedding cake should also be appropriate to the weather conditions.
2. You don't what a cream or buttercream frosting on your cake if it is to be displayed on a hot day it will melt and spoil if left out for a long time.
3. The same could be said for placing your cake near a roaring fire.
4. Display your cake in a prominent location which is not in a high traffic area where it may accidentally be knocked over. But do place it in a prominent place where it is visible to your guests.
5. A spotlight focused on your wedding cake will make it look smashing, but make sure that the light is not harsh enough which will cause the icing to melt.
6. Lighting under the table is another effective way of displaying your cake, this can be done by using light weight linens that will allow the light to pass through, use fairy lights for a soft romantic effect.
If you have chosen cupcakes for your wedding cake they look best when displayed close together with very little space between them.
If you are having a mini cake with your wedding cupcakes try not to display them on the same tier, you could display it on its own on the top of the cake stand as pictured below.
Use your cake table to help set the theme or mood for your reception. Add personal touches such as photographs, theme elements, flowers, candles and elegant serving items.
Consider reversing the colors of your cake table to make it stand out.
If your dining tables are covered with white table linen and accented with a blue table runner, cover the cake table with a blue colored table cloth and a white table runner.
image by she takes the cake
Take into consideration the weight of your cake. Most wedding cakes are quite heavy because they are moist.
A moist cake is not light and when you have a tiered wedding cake that will serve over 150 people it does become heavy.
Select a table which is strong enough and won't wobble if it gets bumped.
CakeTable Decorations - Ideas on how to create the perfect wedding cake display for the diy Bride.
Search This Site