This Petal Fold Envelope is a very quick and easy project to do and will only require basic sewing skills.
1. Make a template for the petal sleeve envelope. You can find the details for the envelope by downloading the PDF here. Cut out the petal shape from the blue card stock.
2. Use a straight edge and the tip of your scissors or the back end of a butter knife to score the fold lines.
3. From the white cardstock cut out a square 13cm x 13cm (5 1/8 inch x 5 1/8 inch). Print out your invitation details.
You may have to adjust the position of the printing depending on how much detail you are including.
Ideally you should have enough white space around the wording so that you can place your flowers. Use the picture below as a guide.
4. Using your pencil lightly mark three curvey flower stems.
Then using your sewing machine straight stitch the flower stems.
Trim the threads but make sure that you leave them long enough so that you can pull the front thread to the back and tie these off, do this for all three stems.
On the back of your card place a little glue on the thread knots this will help them from coming loose.
6. Then glue a rhinestone into the center of each flower. You may find that using tweezers will make it easier to place the rhinestones in the flower centers.
7. Next cut out some petals from the green cardstock and glue into place.
Your Save the Date Card is now complete. If you like you could add a small magent to the back of the invitation.
8. Place your inviation into the blue peteal sleeve envelope ready to give to your intended guests.
Home > Wedding Stationery > Petal fold envelope