Modeling Paste - How to Make it
Modeling paste is firm enough to roll out very thinly, dries quickly and keeps its shape.
It is ideal for modeling delicate roses, leaves and other flowers.
Decorations that are made with this paste will keep for an indefinite time if kept dry.
There are many flower, petal and leaf cutters available to make a wide range of flowers.
How to make
1 rounded teaspoon gelatin
1 rounded teaspoon white fat
5 teaspoons cold water
225g (8 oz) icing sugar
- Place the gelatin, fat and water in a small saucepan.
- Heat gently until the fat and gelatin has dissolved and the liquid is clear.
- Gradually stir in the icing sugar until the mixture forms a firm ball.
- Turn out and knead in the remaining icing sugar (add a little more icing sugar if necessary) until the paste is firm and pliable.
- Always cover the paste in a plastic bag when not using, this will prevent it from drying out.