Tips for Great Looking Hair
- For great looking hair after it has been colored, use color care products that have been specifically designed to keep the dyes bright and new for as long as possible.
Conditioned hair will hold color better than dry, brittle or damaged hair, so use a good intensive conditioner for a shiner and brighter shade.
- Brush your hair with a good quality hair brush, it will improve the texture of your hair by activating the natural oils in your hair’s oil glands, giving you a shiny and more manageable hair.
Choose brushes with a natural bristle, such as boar bristles, these create less friction and stress on the hair.
Remember to clean your brushes and combs regularly.
- Use snag free elastics to tie back your hair. These will not damage the hair cuticle and weaken your hair causing it to eventually snap. The snag free elastics don’t tangle or damage the hair, but simply slide off when removed.
- Using the wrong hair products for your hair type will leave your hair flat, greasy, and static-looking.
Use a product that has been recommended by a professional stylist or do your own testing by buying trial sized products first to get an idea if these suit your hair type and give you great looking hair.
- When hair is wet it is sensitive to damage. Avoid drying your hair roughly and dragging a comb through it.
Instead, gently squeeze out excess water and use a towel to blot your hair dry, then gently comb using a wide toothed comb to remove the tangles.
- Avoid excessive use of heating appliance, such as hairdryers, curling and straightening irons. Over use of these will leave your hair dull and damaged.
Keep the hairdryer at arm’s length from you hair and constantly move it around to avoid over heating your hair.
Heating appliances also remove moisture from your hair so use leave-in treatments to boost the moisture levels and always use a heat protector spray for great looking hair.
Basic hair drying tips can be found here.
- Regular trims are vital for keeping hair in excellent condition (even if you are trying to grow you hair).
The tips of the hair need to be trimmed to remove split ends, and this way you will keep it “healthy” looking and in good shape. Visit your hairdresser every eight to twelve weeks to keep it in top condition.
- Always wash you hair in clean water. Many people wash their hair in the bath, which can leave it as dirty as when you started. If you don’t have a shower head, make sure that you wash your hair first when getting in the bath.
- Take care of your scalp. Massage your scalp when you are conditioning your hair, this will speed up the blood flow and supply more nutrients to the roots of your hair.
- For healthy and great looking hair, stay away from junk food; eat a balanced diet which includes lots of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
- Treat yourself to a deep conditioning treatment once a week. You can give yourself a home treatment, or pamper yourself by visiting the hairdresser.
- Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove product build up.
- For great looking hair, always make sure that you get the best possible cut, take into consideration your hair type, face shape, and lifestyle.
Looking For A Bridal Hairstyle
View yourself in Upcurl hair styles at TheHairStyler.com
View yourself in various Upsmooth hair styles at TheHairStyler.com
View yourself in various Downcurl hair styles at TheHairStyler.com
View yourself in various Downsmooth hair styles at TheHairStyler.com